Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Song For Sunday- Dear No One.

This song was actually discovered by the lovely iTunes for their "single of the week" a couple weeks back and is one of the few that I actually enjoy. Most of the others are all techie and kind of nondescript. Oh but I knew right away that this song was special.

Quite literally, it is the story of my life. I kid you not, it was like hearing my conscious speak out loud in this lovely pure voice, sharing with the world what I feel exactly. It's crazy! 

Basically, the song is about a girl who likes to be independent and single but who secretly longs for the perfect relationship. It reflects me personally because although I'm not that girl who rejects any form of a potential relationship, I do long for someone special to call my own. I'm willing to be patient for the right one no matter how independent and confident I appear as a single gal. 

"But sometimes I just want somebody to hold,
Someone to give me the jacket when it's cold ,
Got that young love even when we're old."

Gosh, I simply adore this song! I listen to it day in and day out and sing it at the top of my lungs. And Tori Kelly has a really feminine voice too and it's nice to actually hear that good singers still exist in this image obsessed industry. 

I just thought I'd share this little ditty with you today. I hope you find special meaning in music as much as I do! 


No comments:

Post a Comment