Monday, January 20, 2014

West Side Sunday.



"I like to be in America! Everything free in America!" Oh yes, that happened this weekend. The sole purpose of our trip this weekend to the city was indeed for the performance of West Side Story. I had never seen it myself and so it was quite a treat for me. There is nothing better than seeing a musical or play for the first time. 

I must say, the show was lovely. The classic Romeo and Juliet love story exploded before my eyes with gang fights, gunshots, lots of dancing, and even some tears there at the end. Of course, I only thought of Glee's version and that made it all the more special to watch. 

Plus, it was a chance for all of us to put on some lipstick and high heels and go to the theatre. I wish it still had that fancy effect of a night out (or day out, in our case, we saw the matinee).. That doesn't mean that I don't have to stop donning my fancy dress! 

Starting our day off right, we had breakfast at Girdwood's famous Bake Shop, located at the foot of the slopes.



I had myself some homemade granola with soy milk. MM.


And their sweet roles are absolutely gargantuan!!


Shopping continued today! We conveniently got to experience the "cupcake sale" at the Clothesline Consignment as well.




I love cute little labels like these. A little love never hurt nobody.


Ladies and gentleman, enjoy the show...




West Side, we be representin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment