Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, Same Ole Me.

Personally, I've never been a fan of the whole "New Years Resolutions." Maybe it's because "resolution" sounds so... Official like. I mean, I think it's fantastic to have resolutions but personally, I would rather have goals. I don't think a new year is about changing your habits, lifestyle, and who you are. I find the new year to be a fun little way to inspire me to becoming a better person.

Tis quite difficult to explain somehow, but do you get the gist of what I'm saying? For me, a new year isn't about shedding my old skin and becoming a whole new and improved human being. I am me, and me I will be. Here are some quotes that help explain things. 



So you see, it's not about changing who I am, but slowly allowing me to become who I'd always been - me. Of course there are some goals I have set in mind, most of them involving me getting out more and being not grumpy at home, but to me, it just feels like last week! Just like my 18th birthday- there was no magical poof that turned me into this social and talkative adult. I'm still... Quieter than I'd like to be around people. 

Anyhow, it was a quiet holiday for me but I did work for free to raise money for our local food bank and I thought that was an excellent way to start the year off! It helped counter attack the fact that it poured most of yesterday.. In January, in the middle of winter. Oh well. 

I'm really quite looking forward to this year with all of my exciting activities planned. Of course, it's also the unexpected bits that make it real as well. And I hope you all celebrated in your own way whether it be retiring early (that may be just an Élan thing), or partying with friends and family. Nonetheless, Happy New Year and let's make 2014 a good one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment