Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Song for Sunday- Autumn Leaves.

I thought, it's fall, why not share one of my favorite artists and then conveniently share a song that goes along with the season? So yes, British singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran sings this delightful song. With its beautiful lyrics and light and airy feel to it, Autumn Leaves is one of my favorites on his + album. One of the unsung heroes, you know? It's such a lovely song that makes me feel like fall, like his voice is that carrier for the little leaf as it falls slowly to te ground. Gahh I can't explain how incredibly touching his voice is. In this song particularly, it's just so... Words. Loss. His voice is round, it fills voids and holes and just envelopes the meaning of all his lyrics. Obviously I'm not a critic here because of my obvious blubbering, but the point is that this song to me is simply perfect for another fall day here in Alaska. It embodies everything beautiful. "Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you float down like autumn leaves and hush now close your eyes before the sleep.." And with the wind here currently raging like a bloody hurricane, the leaves more like get pushed to the ground, but they still fall, and with this song playing, I can imagine them drifting ever so gracefully to "touchdown, like a 747."

No comments:

Post a Comment