Thursday, September 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday- Book of Mormon.

Take it way back in time.. Lets say March of this year. At the time, I was living in Arizona, but I was invited to spend a week with my dad who was down in Chicago for some conferences. Turn down Chicago? As if. So I flew down there, met up with my dad, and we continued to have the best week. One of the highlights of our time there was an evening out on broadway seeing the very humorously controversial "Book of Mormon. " Now I'm not one to go into religious specifics or defending some such cause because that is altogether somewhere I'd rather not go. Instead, I will simply give you my opinion on what I thought of the production. I loved it. I really did. The best starter for the show was when I was looking through the program and I recognized one of the actors who played Elder Cunningham, and upon closer examination, I couldn't believe my eyes! It was the actor who played Benji from "Pitch Perfect!" I just about died there. And then the show was phenomenal. I mean, there's something to be said about a broadway theatre and the atmosphere and all that, but I can't even remember the last time that I laughed so hard. And my dad! He was having a ball.  And even through all of the inappropriate songs, content, lines, and mannerisms, everyone in the audience was laughing and enjoying themselves, just like me. And much to my surprise, there's actually good morals to the show. No matter how absurd and silly ones belief is, as long as one has faith, anything one believes can happen. 






No comments:

Post a Comment