Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Song for Sunday- Iridescent.

So last night, my sister and I were driving home from a lovely dessert/coffee date with one of our good friends, and as usual when we are in a car together, we jam out to music. Some of our favorites include Macklemore (we are so gangster), and then Glee ( who can resist?), but for this time, one of Linkin Park's songs came on that really struck a  string in me. Now I love me any Linkin Park for their powerful rock and lyrics, but I had never really taken the time to really listen to this particular song, "Iridescent" until my sister told me to listen. Sure enough, the song is wicked. It starts out kind of like "Fix You" in the sense that it connects to the listener on the problems and sad mood they feel when listening, but then it builds to this crescendo where one has no choice but to let whatever plagues one has and to move on. The line "Do you feel cold and lost in desperation, you build up hope but failure's all you've known, remember all the sadness, and frustration, and let it go..." So for that first part of the song you're like "Yes, they know how I feel" pity party but then at the end, it surprises you with letting go. Then you have the background singers sounding like a choir singing of hope and the song makes you feel better in the end. I think I may have found my new inspirational pick me up! 


Ok, so although you may be thinking that this is simply another cup of coffee, it has meaning. First of all, it was the drink I got last night when we went out (and when this song came as inspiration to me), and second of all, the bubbles are iridescent! See. Ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment