Monday, September 30, 2013

Blue Skies.

Do you ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed and it just continues to go downhill from there? Well that was me today. First, I went to spin class by my lonesome, which was fine until I tossed my towel in the dirty bin and then had to go and retrieve it because, well, it's mine and not the gym's.Then, they got my drink order wrong and instead of correcting them on that little booboo, I cowered and sucked that thing down. My fault for not doing anything about it, but I have a hard time speaking up sometimes. Then there were some petty arguments and no matter how much jamming One Direction I played, my mood just continued to be poop. It's a bummer, really, because the day was groovy indeed. Beautiful, clear, blue skies against the vibrant colors of the changing leaves, warming breeze, and sunshine. So my blog title for today was also inspired by one of my fave jams "Blue Skies" by Noah and the Whale and I discovered this whole inspiration when I was laying down on my floor in my room. Outside, I saw the most beautiful contrast between sky and earth and it actually made me feel a bit better. The trees shimmied with the wind and it was all so beautiful. And the song, "This is the  song for anyone with a broken heart".. "Cause blue skies are calling, but I know that it's hard." Gosh it just fits along with how I was feeling today. And the blue skies did call to me and I did get up and put on a brave face because sometimes, when we fake how we feel, our faking turns into normality and things do turn a corner in how we feel. 





What I wore: blue ANN TAYLOR cashmere cardigan with pearl buttons (used), yellow CAbi pencil skirt, and white FRYE boots (used). 







No comments:

Post a Comment