Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Song for Sunday- I'll Stand By You

I've learned that it's very important to have songs to be there as a guiding light when one is feeling down. This week has been a particular struggle for me as I battle some personal issues and I thought that escaping into my room and isolating myself would help resolve those problems. Turns out, I just put myself in the same downward cycle that kept going round and round until I realized that I have people in my life who are there for me and want to help. Finally, I opened up to my mom who listened and helped me realize that speaking to someone is always better than suffering alone and not sharing something that nags. My mom has always been there for me and she'll always be by my side as I grow and mature, making mistakes and learning from them. I also find this song fitting for the night time habit of watching one episode of GLEE with my sister, which is where I first heard this song. Now I LOVE the 80's even more! Thank you Pretenders. I love the line "Oh, why you look so sad? Tears are in your eyes, come on and talk to me now..." It's just perfect for how my mom has been helping me. Turns out I'll always have someone to stand by my side..

No comments:

Post a Comment