Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Song for Sunday- Fix You.

Do you ever have that urge to just let it out and have a good cry? I do, like all of the time. In fact, I have a playlist dedicated to those moods and I have therefore titled it "Sappy Songs." Now I know one shouldn't be all depressed and such but there is just moments in time where a sappy song just hits the spot and then I realize that listening to it makes me somehow feel better. It's an odd process. Anyway, Coldplay's "Fix You" is one of my favorites and not only because of its ability to touch feelings that hit various problems of life, but it's also a tragic song for me personally. There was one time in my life where I had an abrupt end to a friendship and this was the song that I bawled to. It had the  ability to just go right along with what I was going through. It was also the song choice of one of my sisters dances. When I was visiting back at Christmas, I made a visit to the studio and I gotta say that it really touched me. It was so tragic and sad, but beautiful. It's the song that I plug into when I want to just CRY. It makes me want to help someone sooooo much that needs my help probably because I need someone to help me. You catch my drift here? "Tears stream down your face.. When you lose something you cannot replace..." It's the truth put in such a sad and beautiful song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment