Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Breakfast Club in Below Zero.

      "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all."Ah, one of the many popular and classic lines from one of my all-time favorite movies, "The Breakfast Club." I personally just love all of the timeless John Hughes movies anyway... "Sixteen Candles", "Pretty in Pink", "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", you catchin' my drift? I'm a total 80's fan. It probably had something to do with the mention in "Pitch Perfect", so I give credit to them for reminding me of the good ole films.

        Man, I just do not understand why our movies had to go on downhill! There are some good ones that come out of the blue, but I can always count on these guys to give me a good laugh and continue to inspire and make me feel good. And especially in "The Breakfast Club", I'm continually finding new things to laugh at (oh my goodness, when Brian's smoking, it is seriously my favorite thing), and new parts to cry at. The movie just targets so many problems that teenagers face or have faced at some point. Spot on, really. 

      Anyhow, since returning from Texas, we went from 70 to in the negative degrees. I woke this morning to a fancy -1 degrees (hey, it has been an improvement since earlier this week when it was -18 degrees so I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much). BUR. But at least we have some remaining snow on the trees so whilst I'm cursing the cold air biting the inside of my nose, making my bugar's freeze, it's at least a lovely sight out. 

      There is a connection between "The Breakfast Club" and the weather though! Can you guess? My outfit! Haha. I went all eighties style right down to the clunky boots that remind me of The Criminal. 

      And I just HAVE to end it with one of my favorite lines in the smokin' scene: "Chicks cannot hold their smoke, dat's what it is." Brian, you are officially the king of swag.







"Sincerely, The Breakfast Club."

What I wore: vintage knit chunky NAN SPORT sweater (used), high-waisted acid wash purple DIANE GILMAN capris (used), and baby blue TIMBERLAND chunky boots (used).

No comments:

Post a Comment