Thursday, December 5, 2013

Throwback Thursday- Audrey Inspired.

A couple of years ago, I found out just how inspiring Audrey Hepburn was. I had heard of her, but of course, but I hadn't really taken the time to watch her films or see for myself why she is such an icon. Well, I finally did and was more than amazed at what I found out.

Audrey Hepburn is iconic for many reasons: her simplistic yet elegant style, her memorable and unique appearance, her lithe and graceful movement, the mix of accents of her voice, being Givenchy's muse, just to name a few. She's a total inspiration to me. 

So I was up in my "Scrapbook Nook", as my dad likes to call it, probably making Christmas cards and watching movies to keep me company. The movie of choice was either "Funny Face" or "Breakfast at Tiffanys." Instantly inspired by the elegance and grace of both movies, I donned this cute little vintage inspired outfit and went outside to take some photos. Do you ever watch a film, listen to music, and then all of a sudden, you're in that mood? That happens to me all of the time and it reflects so in all of my outfits. I cannot express to you enough just how important dressing is to oneself. It literally says who we are. "Style is a way to speak to the world without words." 

That being said, I thank Audrey Hepburn for being such a ladylike role model to me and for inspiring me to be the best version of myself. 



     

    

No comments:

Post a Comment