Thursday, December 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday- Minnie Kisses.

So we used to have a dog. Her name was Minerette but we all called her Minnie. We got her when we first arrived in Alaska as a pup, and she grew up with us for the last ten years or so.

Sadly, she passed away a couple of years ago.. 

You know, it's always hard to say stuff about how to cope with loved ones gone and then a totally different thing to actually try and cope. It was the first live being that I've ever known to have passed close to me and it was so sad but I realized that I had to appreciate the amazing and bountiful years we had with her. 

I think of her constantly with the weather and especially this time of year when she passed. So technically, she's not really gone, for she's always in my heart and in my memories. 

Today is just a little day for remembering her big ole sloppy kisses. The only harm she ever done to anyone was a nosebleed when she was jumping up for a little love! Oh Minnie. Anyhow, pets are precious that way, just as important as human beings, for they deserve respect and love. Maybe that's why I always cry on those dog commercials with "Angel" playing in the background. I am a weepy mess by the time that one is done, let me tell you!

I miss you, Moo.  




No comments:

Post a Comment