Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Song for Sunday- Promise.

It appears that I am continuing my British song streak. Unintentional, of course, but it appears that the style of music I'm into right now is of that sort. My friend, the one I have so graciously talked about introducing me to the art of all things British, told me about this artist, a Mr. Ben Howard. A relaxing artist, I find most of his songs to soothe me whenever I'm feeling down. This particular song, "Promise", starts out with the faint pitter patter of raindrops falling onto a roof. On comes a slow melodic sound that's so round and wholesome. It literally is the perfect rainy day greeting. Like take this morning for instance. So I spent the night last night with one of my best friends after witnessing out first hockey game (Brown Bears won, prolly due to our close presence to the ice, you know) and when I woke up this morning, I was completely awed at the view. The bed was her brothers (he is away at college and they just moved into this home like days ago) and it had an upper level corner view of the Kenai River. And it was sprinkling just like this song and everything just felt as it should be. I love how the song is just so homey to me. And it must be a British voice thing  cause there's something unique about the voice of a British singer, I don't know how else to explain it! It's a beautiful song, truly. "Who am I? Darling for you, who am I? Well I'll be a burden in time.."




No comments:

Post a Comment