Sunday, October 27, 2013

Flirty, Fifty, and Thriving.

It's my mum's birthday today! Yeah buddy. And of course it would turn nasty outside, if ya know what I mean. Oh iFunny. Yeah, it's been raining and windy all day and the temps are in the low thirties. How uncomfortable is that? But we just stay cooped up indoors and all is well.

To start my mom's celebratory day off, she came into my workplace and enjoyed a lovely cup of eggnog, made from the bottom of our hearts. 




Then, she got a surprise visit from her good friends! An they brought the most delicious and famous cake pops thatI'm  sure you've heard about from previous posts. 

See that photo bomber back there? Ha. 








It was so good to be able to spend some time with my mom whilst at work today. Any time spent with my mom is good, I would say.

Later, we sat down for a meal fit for a king and homemade by the efforts of our family. 

It sure was delicious!












My dad's roasted purple potatoes from our very own garden. 



My dad's delish homemade garlic bread. 



Roasted asparagus. Mmm good. 



And of course no Alaskan meal is without some AK king crab, yes?







My sister makes some wicked chocolate pudding as well. 



Secretly, my mom is the biggest fan of GLEE and I have her to thank for introducing my sister and I to the best show ever!



Happy birthday to you, Mumzy. 














No comments:

Post a Comment