Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Think Pink!

Now I had somehow forgotten that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month until I saw that we were selling pink punchcards at Kaladi Brothers Coffee, where I work. Now I've never really been a huge fan if this whole explosion of pinkness for breast cancer. I mean, I am all for finding a cure and for celebrating the victory over bearing it or remembering those who didn't make it, but I guess one could say that I'm not fully involved in the whole survivor movement deal. Not to say that I don't support it! I do, by all means. But I have found that I do love the color pink and so by incorporating Breast Cancer Awareness month as my inspiration, pink was in my palate today.

The first thing that pops to my mind whenever I think if pink is "Funny Face," starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.  The opening scene takes us into the office of a magazine to the owner, I assume, who is fed up with the blah ness  happening until all of a sudden, BAM! Pink pink pink! Then we are waltzed into this lovely musical number with pink outfits, soap, ribbon, everything is pink! It's simply beautiful. Where is the pink in magazines now? It's such a happy and girly color. I just live how elegant and beautiful the scene is with their poised models and poised outfits. I just wish there was more of that in the world, you know? Anyhow, I say, think pink!

These are some shots from the movie and that first scene, which is one of my all time favorite to date!









Next are some photo inspirations that I found on Pinterest. 








Some magazine cutout inspiration (I've been doing this for years now and have somehow gotten a whole box load of inspirational pictures that I have cut out. What fun it is too! And some of these first ones were actually out of magazines from the 50's and 60's.









And then there's me!


B-o-o-b-i-e-s, boobies, the best! I learned that when my POM team cheered at a breast cancer run last year..






What I wore: vintage pink dress (used), and pink ECHO flats.




























No comments:

Post a Comment