Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Singing in the Rain.

It was the comforting sound of rain sprinkling from my window that kept me awake and thinking of fall and the washing away of impurities and sadness. And it continued to do so for the entirety of the day, and I loved every minute of it. Now I don't know if its just me, but I know that when rainy days like these come along, and especially in the fall season, I pull out one of my all time favorite movies. You guessed it! "Singin' in the Rain." Staring Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds, this classic always puts a smile on my face. There are so many epic scenes, whether its the "Good Morning", "Make em Laugh," the tap scenes, and of course the scene which this movie is famous for where Gene Kelly actually sings in the rain. It's a movie to me that means that no matter how dreary the circumstances may seem, one can always find happiness, and a smile that will come out of it. Yeah, I may curse the rain for getting my straightened hair wet or the soppiness of my shoes, but I'll always love the rain and will always appreciate the memories and smiles that it brings to me. 








What I wore: mustard lace COLOR STORY tank, butterfly ELEVENSES blazer (used and given to me by my sister), khaki KUT capris (used), navy SACHELLE boots (used), and a vintage pearly necklace (used). 







No comments:

Post a Comment